There's a few reasons your card wasn't able to scan properly. Let's go over the common causes!
- Droplets. Do you see droplets in these areas? If so, gently shake your card to remove droplets (don't wipe it!). Droplets can interfere with scanning and we don't want any interference here.
- Lighting. How is your lighting? Lighting is important when scanning. Make sure your card is well lit and there are no shadows on any part of it. It can be helpful to hold your card up vertically to get the best lighting.
- Glare. Is there glare on your card? Make sure to angle your card and phone so there is no glare or bright reflections. Note, if you see a glare on a counter top it can be helpful to hold your card up vertically.
4. Background. Your Wellness Card should be placed on the wrapper it was packaged in and then placed on a basic solid color. Speckled backgrounds like some granite countertops can interfere with the scanning process.
5. Angle. Ensure there the card is not angled in the photo. This is especially important if you hold the card to scan!
For more tips on scanning check out our Tips for Scanning Your Wellness Card article or reach out to our Member Experience Team directly by clicking on the chat bubble on the bottom right of your screen or emailing us at email@example.com.